Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New year, new posts!

Okay, I really fell off the wagon with giving updates. Things got pretty hectic, but my new year's resolution is to be a better blogger.

Christmas went well. Both kids slept in so Glenn and I were awake and just waiting for them to get up. This is the first year that Sophie really understood the concept of Santa Clause, though she was confused as to why he would come to our house when she was sleeping and couldn't see him. Both kids got WAY too many toys(but are still enjoying them!). We had a nice dinner at Aunt Janna's where we got to visit with Nana, Papa, Uncle Dave(and his new girlfriend?), Great Grandpa and Grandma, and Uncle Chuck and Aunt Sue. It was a wonderful day that we got to spend with family, and we couldn't have asked for more.

Camden's 1st birthday was December 27th. I cannot believe that my little baby is one! HE didn't care a thing for unwrapping his presents, but his sister and niece had fun! He absolutely LOVED his birthday cake though, and made a huge mess. We had fun hanging out with family again(the same people as on Christmas). Camden is a master crawler, but has no confidence to try anything close to walking. He occasionally says something that sounds like a word, but then doesn't repeat it, so I still don't consider him saying nay words. He is still a pretty good-natured boy.

Sophie is doing well too! She will be three on the 25th. She had fun at Camden's party, and couldn't believe that all the people will be coming back in a few weeks to celebrate her own birthday! She is excited and wants a purple cake and ice cream. She is still absolutely in love with her little brother, and hugs and kisses him all day. I have to pull her off of him sometimes because she can be a bit overwhelming! She will be starting speech therapy through the school district as soon as she turns three. We are all very hopeful that this will help tremendously!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenn! I just noticed that you joined our blog following. That is great! How are you guys doing? I read your blog and it seems like you have been around the block with medical issues. It is really wonderful that you are staying so positive. I know you must want to pull out your hair at times though. Bethany had a ton of developmental issues from being born at 36 weeks. And, lots of medical problems as well- poop issues, illnesses, pneumonia, asthma, etc. I thought it would never quit. And, it hasn't. She still has issues with her tummy. She just had an EGD done and the biopsy is showing a gluten intolerence. So, back for more bloodwork. Isaac is fairly healthy other than ear infection after ear infection. That about drives me crazy, but I think I'll survive! ;D Are you on FB? Miss talking to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete